|Dear John, |
We would like to thank all of our customers for their continued dedication and patronage during the month of our 10 Year Anniversary! We have enjoyed celebrating with you all month long. We have saved the best, literally, for last. This week we will be giving away a special gift package containing our Top Ten Best Selling products. Visit our blog for all the details, and to get registered!
Thank you to everyone who signed up for our blog and registered to win our "Best Kept Secrets" gift pack! The three lucky winners were notified via email today and will be receiving their gifts next week!
As we are fast approaching another new month, be on the lookout for the October issue of EMuscleMag for a feature on one of our strongest customers - Las Vegas Strongman Nick Best. Be sure and check out the article to learn more about his training and diet. What is his lunch of choice? "I have a grassland beef dish. I have 1-2 pounds of that stuff everyday. It's usually beef and rice, or beef and potato, with homemade cookies."
Chef Charlie Palmer shared a delicious Red Wine Braised Short Rib Sliders recipe with us this week, see our recipe section below for the full recipe and photo. Our short ribs are on sale this week, so now is a great time to stock up and try a new recipe!
Did you make it to our last Grass-fed BBQ? If not, be sure and stop by our YouTube Channel for all the latest in US Wellness Media. Our recent travels have led us from farm tours to a backyard barbeque with Executive Chef Keith Armstrong. Be sure and subscribe to our Channel to stay up-to-date with all of our trips and tours!
It's not too late to win cool prizes from Mark's Daily Apple! Their Primal Challenge, with over $10,000 in prizes, runs through October 3. US Wellness is excited to be a part of this year's challenge, and is giving away a 'whole cow' to one lucky group of winners! Check out the challenge page for more info!
Want to keep up on all the latest happenings at US Wellness? Just sign up to follow us on Twitter. We like to tweet about new products, recipes, sales, and any exciting health news - so head over to Twitter so you don't miss out!
US Wellness Trivia Contest!
Trivia Update! Instead of limiting the 15% promo code to the first 30 responders, we will randomly draw 30 winners who email
the correct answer on Sunday, September 26. Promo codes will be emailed on Monday morning and will be active for 30 days.
This week's question: "What Olympic medalist and American record holder is a US Wellness athlete and 'expert'?" Please email your answers to email@example.com
Thanks to all who have been participating in our Trivia Contests! In the last news alert, we asked: In what year did the US Wellness founding farmers harvest their first grass-fed animal?
The answer was: 1997.
Best Autumn Regards,
John, Lee Ann, Megan, Tressa, and Jennifer, on behalf of the farm families of U.S. Wellness Meats
Toll Free: (877) 383-0051
Direct Line: (573) 767-9040
Fax Number:(573) 767-5475
Twitter Link: HERE
Facebook Link: HERE
YouTube Channel: HERE
Newsletter Archive: HERE
|Dr. Eric Serrano M.D., M.S., B.C.|
Question and Answer Column
This is a friendly reminder to email health and wellness questions to the email address below for Dr. Eric Serrano M.D. question and answer series.
Answers now appear below and in the bi-weekly U.S. Wellness Newsletter. Your name will not be displayed.
Dr. Serrano has been so kind to offer his expertise to answer literally any question related to health and wellness involving grass-fed meats. Dr. Serrano has a wealth of knowledge from both his farm background and 15 years of clinical experience. This includes working with a number of world class athletes and a large local family practice in Ohio.
Please email using the address below and place Dr. Serrano's name in the subject line. Answers will appear in future U.S. Wellness Newsletters or below in News Alerts.
Dr. Serrano is an M.D. with advance degrees in nutrition, kinesiology and wellness.
Dr. Eric Serrano M.D.
475 North Hill Road
Pickerington, OH 43147-1157
EMAIL QUESTIONS TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
I have been on statins of one type or another for the past 21 years. I have asked whatever doctor I had at the time to take me off cholesterol medication. Finally my present doctor agreed to after asking a number of times in the past.
I would like to know what type of diet I should stick to. Presently I avoid all processed foods and do my own cooking and baking at home and eat out very seldom. I also order my beef from U.S. Wellness Meats, consume lots of vegetables and fruit and watch the labels closely.
I do senior aerobic exercises 5-6 times a week. My supplements consist of fish oil, vitamin D, vitamin K-2, ubiquinone, tumeric, low-dose aspirin and calcuim. I also take a supplement for my arthritis.
Your comments would be appreciated. Thank you.
Congratulations on your achievement, but sadly I can not help because you have not given enough information. This will be like a consult, and I am going to make some suggestions that will prevent your levels from going up. Cholesterol is not a sign of heart disease but of other things affecting your body.
- Check your testosterone levels because high cholesterol can mean low hormones
- Eliminate sugars
- No fruit juices
- No canola or soybean oil
- Keep grains or simple sugars low
- Keep cheese products low
- Keep intake of fruits for after workouts
- No dairy creamer
- Don't consume coffee before the test
- Eat more vegetables
- Take a good multivitamin like Multifood IV
- Take a fish oil, omega-6 product, like alpha omega -3
Red Wine Braised Short Rib Sliders
Directions: Braised Short Ribs:
- 3 lbs beef short ribs
- 1 oz tomato paste
- 1 fresh thyme bunch
- 1 qt beef bone stock
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 carrot, large, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 garlic, whole head, cut in half
- 1 bottle of good red wine, Cabernet or Zinfandel
- 1/2 red onion, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 red cabbage, cut into thin strips
- 2 oz red wine vinegar
- 1 oz sugar
- 3 oz olive oil
- 1 oz unsalted butter
- 8-12 small mini Brioche buns (available in fine bakeries)
- 1 t coriander seed, whole
- 8-12 raw cheese slices
- 1 fresh wild arugula bunch
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Pickled Red Onion and Cabbage Salad:
- Start by getting a large sauté pan hot over high heat. Once the pan is hot add the olive oil and sear the salt and pepper seasoned short ribs until golden brown.
- Once the short ribs are golden brown remove from the pan and place in a deep casserole dish. Drain off half the oil and add the cut vegetables above.
- Sauté the vegetables until they become golden brown, add the tomato paste and cook for another 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the red wine.
- Return to the heat and reduce by half. Once reduced add the bone stock, thyme, coriander and reduce again by another half. Pour this mixture over the short ribs in the casserole dish, cover with aluminum foil and bake at 325 degrees for approximately four to five hours.
- The time will vary depending on the style of your oven; you can tell the short ribs are done when your knife can easily pass through the meat with little resistance.
- Allow the short ribs to cool for several hours and absorb all the wonderful flavors they where just cooked in.
- In a small pot add the vinegar, sugar and a pinch of salt, bring to a boil. Add the red onion and cabbage and cook for approximately four to five minutes, or until the onions and cabbage are tender.
- You will see the cabbage will turn a bright red. Stir in the butter and then adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper. Reserve warm.
- Cut the brioche buns in half and toast in an oven until golden brown.
- Place a nice size piece of short rib on the bun, season with sea salt and top with the red cabbage mixture and arugula. Put on the top bun and serve!
- Add raw cheese slice to each slider.
Recipe and photo compliments of Chef Charlie Palmer.
|What Our Customers Are Saying|
Not too long ago, I ordered a punch of pemmican
from you to give it a try. In order to get the weight up to the minimum required I ended up ordering a bunch of your packages of beef sticks
. These things are amazing! They are absolutely delicious and are WAY better than any mainstream, chemical laden, poor meat quality product out there.
Just wanted to send you an email to say great job and thank you!
|September 22, 2010 - Near Monticello, MO|
Cattle enjoying warm September sunshine.
|Change Customer Information
Need to change your contact or credit card information?
Just click here.
After opening, enter your email address and store password and you will be able to edit your customer file. If you have any issues don't hesitate a second to call 877-383-0051 day or night for assistance.
To see past order history click here.
|About U.S. Wellness Meats|
U.S. Wellness Meats was founded on September 1st, 2000. Pasture management and meat science research originated in 1997.
The company office is domiciled in Monticello, Missouri in Lewis County which joins the Mississippi River 140 miles North of St. Louis.
The company has branched from beef products
, Compassionate Certified Pork
, Wild Caught Seafood
, Grass-Fed Bison
, Organic Grass-Fed Butter
, Raw Grass-Fed Cheese
, Raw Honey
, Gourmet Rabbit
, Wholesale Packs
, Pre-Cooked Entrees
, and Pet Food
|Energy For Athletes
Grass-fed beef pemmican bars
are a great way to start the day or make a super high energy lunch in seconds packed with protein and calories used by our native American ancestors for centuries.
Only online source
in the USA.
We at U.S. Wellness Meats do not sell, trade or give away any subscriber information. This isn't just an ethical commitment, it's
also a legal one.
Copyright © 2009 by U.S. Wellness Meats. All rights reserved. The content, design and graphical elements of this newsletter are copyrighted. Please secure written permission of the author before copying or using this material. Address: email@example.com
U.S. Wellness Meats
Toll Free: (877) 383-0051
Phone: (877) 383-0051
On the web: http://www.uswellnessmeats.com