What's For Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snacks?
A lot more meals are being cooked at home these days. Many schools throughout the U.S. are closed and there's a good possibility classrooms will be at the kitchen table for the remainder of the school year. Whether you're a homeschool family already or have recently become one, having children at home means the kitchen is always open. Hobbits...and children...eat a LOT of food! This may sound familiar: Breakfast, Second Breakfast, Elevenses, Luncheon, Afternoon Tea, Dinner, and Supper. More meals at home means more time devoted to meal prep. It can easily become overwhelming.
Here are a few tips to help maintain food sanity:
1. Get organized! Have a meal plan each week. It will help with shopping and you'll free up some head space.
2. Freezer meals are great for efficiency. Cook extra today, freeze for a meal next week or the week after.
3. Have littles help with meal preparation. This takes some patience, but teaching a child to cook makes for independence later. They feel useful when helping and more connected to the meal.
4. Have healthy snacks prepped in advance. Carrots, meat sticks, celery, cheese, liverwurst, meatballs, all make quick, healthy snacks.
5. Heat & Serve meals help with particularly stressful days and offers a break from kitchen time. US Wellness offers a full line of all-natural foods, loaded with nutrients and ready to heat and serve. One or two heat & serve days a week can go a long way toward maintaining food sanity.
6. Make use of resources. Our Discover Blog and Pinterest page is loaded with ideas for quick and easy meals that are healthy and tasty. Most of our Past Featured Chefs maintain a recipe section on their websites that can be extremely useful especially when ideas are running thin.
Discount Code Ends Tonight!
The time is right to save on all-natural pasture raised foods. Save with your special discount code. Add discount code "DEFENSE" to your US Wellness Meats shopping cart at checkout and SAVE 15% on over 400 items in our online store.
- "DEFENSE" discount code expires at midnight tonight, Wednesday, April 8.
- Cannot be applied to an order 40 lbs or more.
- Excludes sale items, volume discounts, and e-gift cards.
Please note that discount codes cannot be applied to items already on sale or discounted, and cannot be applied to previous orders.
As many of our patrons know, normally, when you place your order Sunday through 10 am Wednesday, you’ll receive your package that same week. Any orders placed after 10 am Wednesday will be shipped the following week. Nothing has been normal about the last several weeks though.
With the increased order volume we’ve seen recently, everyone here is working overtime to package and ship your order as soon as possible. Please refer HERE for regular updates and a message from the owner, John Wood. We're posting updates to the front page of US Wellness in the green banner and sending emails as well.
Health & Wellness | Nutritional Therapies To Improve Immunity
A friend of US Wellness recently passed along this helpful advice for Nutritional Therapies to Improve Immunity. Do your own homework, but this is a good compilation of how certain foods and supplements help maintain a healthy mind and body.
Enter To Win | Healthy Habits $150 Food Giveaway
Click HERE to enter for a chance to win our April Featured Chef Prize Pack valued at over $150. Our April 2020 Prize Pack is loaded with all-natural, nutrient rich, farm fresh foods you'll love! It's quick and easy to enter and the random winner will be able to stock their freezer for free.
Meet Monica | April Featured Chef
Monica Little is this month's Featured Chef. Monica has maintained healthy food strategies for her own battle with inflammation and hormone imbalances. She believes food can be healthy and delicious and we couldn't agree more!
Shout Out | Home-Cooked Bone-In Filet
Kelly (@theholisticplate) shares this snap on Instagram of a gorgeous home-cooked grass-fed bone-in beef filet...mmm! Add a little creamy kale and some mushrooms and you've got a nutrient dense meal that tastes like it's made in an upscale restaurant. Thanks for sharing Kelly!
If you'd like to share your favorite dish, meal, product, or unboxing, please tag your post with #uswellnessmeats and you may show up in this space!
John & Staff on behalf of the farm families of US Wellness Meats
Customer Service: (877) 383-0051
Direct Line: (573) 767-9040
Fax: (573) 383-7004
USA Store: www.USWellnessMeats.com
Canada Store: www.grasslandbeef.ca
P.S. Click for Canada Shipping details
P.P.S. Remember to forward this newsletter to your friends and help spread the word about sustainably raised, all-natural foods. Browse our Discover Blog for more recipes, health articles, kitchen tips and product info!