Merry Christmas! We want to take this time to wish all of our readers and customers a blessed holiday season. We hope you and yours enjoy a happy and healthy Christmas holiday this week. It has been our pleasure to serve you for another year and we look forward to the opportunities that 2013 has to bring.
Good news in the seafood department - we are once again sourcing our Wild-Raw Shrimp from our original supplier. If you have loved these flavorful shrimp in the past, now is a great time to stock up as they are on sale this week only. Also on sale this week are some of our sugar-free favorites: the best-selling pork bacon ends make a wonderful addition to casseroles, chili and scrambled eggs, along with the kid-friendly turkey jerky. The only ingredients in the jerky are turkey and sea salt and these make a great snack for kids of any age.
Is cholesterol good for you? Dr. Al Sears tackles this tricky subject in his article below. Some cholesterol can be good for you and he gives some great advice on how to boost those numbers. There is also a 15% discount code hidden in this article that is active until Tuesday - Merry Christmas!
One of our favorite paleo chefs, Juli from PaleOMG, is finally releasing her first cookbook: OMG That's Paleo? This must-have kitchen necessity includes many favorite recipes from her blog as well as thirty never-before-seen recipes. Pre-order your copy to save $5 off the list price!
Please remember to keep all of the grieving families and friends of Newtown, CT in your prayers this holiday week. We cannot imagine what they have been through and we wish them comfort and peace this holiday season.
We appreciate your patience this week as we have a shortened shipping schedule. Since Christmas Day and New Year's Day both fall on Tuesday, we are only able to ship on Wednesday the weeks of December 24 & 31. We will do the best we can to keep everything shipping on time but please watch your tracking numbers as some orders may have to ship the following week. Our offices will be closing at noon on Monday, December 24 and will be closed on Christmas Day to give our employees some much-deserved time off with their families. If you have any questions those days, please send us an email.
Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to all of our readers, and thank you for your support and patronage this year. We hope you have a blessed holiday.
John, Lee Ann, Tressa, Jennifer, Amanda and Laura on behalf of the farm families of US Wellness Meats.
Toll Free: (877) 383-0051
Direct Line: (573) 767-9040
Fax: (573) 767-5475
Restocked This Week:
Re-stock December 26th:
- A good number of items will restock on Wednesday, December 26. The late week blizzard messed up transportation and we just want to make sure we have the inventory in house before we start selling tallow, pemmican and etc.
15% Discount Code Available!
- Read Dr. Al Sears' article below.
- Find bold, 5-red-letter code word spelled out in order.
- Code active Sunday - Tuesday this week.
- Applies to any order under 40 lbs, excluding any sale items, bulk boxes, volume discounts, and gift certificates
Dr. Al Sears, M.D.|
Cholesterol Is Good For You
By: Al Sears, MD
Dear Health-Conscious Reader,
You could see the response in the room as I said it.
"Cholesterol is good for you."
You could tell they had never looked at it quite that way. People stopped what they were doing and started commenting and talking about it.
And they started taking photos and videos of me.
I was a little startled. I felt like I was on stage at a rock concert there for a second.
I was giving my lecture and slide show on P.A.C.E. in the grand ballroom of the Shangri-La in Kuala Lumpur.
I showed hundreds of doctors and dignitaries why P.A.C.E is the first anti-aging exercise program, and how it can reverse many of the symptoms of aging and strengthen your heart.
When I got to the part about P.A.C.E. raising HDL cholesterol, and how cholesterol is a good thing, the buzz and the flashes started.
I recovered after a few seconds, though, and continued.
"I want you to have cholesterol. You need it. Life without cholesterol is miserable. You will be weak, slow, frail, and impotent."Continue Reading...
Editors Note: Dr. Al Sears, M.D. is a board-certified clinical nutrition specialist. His practice, Dr. Sears' Health & Wellness Center in Royal Palm Beach, Fla., specializes in alternative medicine. He is the author of seven books in the fields of alternative medicine, anti-aging, and nutritional supplementation, including The Doctor's Heart Cure. To get his free special report on the proven anti-aging strategies for building a vibrant, disease-free life, go here now. You'll learn how to stop Father Time without giving up the foods you love.
The "Super-Nutrient" in Your Slow Cooker
By: Kelley Herring, Healing Gourmet
It's the time of year for merriment. And for most people, holiday indulgences can leave you feeling sluggish and dull as you ring in the New Year.
But it's not just holiday overindulgences that tax our liver and leave us feeling low. Every day we're exposed to a barrage of assaults from the air we breathe, the water we drink and the chemicals we come into contact with.
Our modern world a toxic soup and we can't help but bathe in it.
And while many people choose to more "drastic" measures (like a multi-day juice fast) to help counteract the damage, there's a more practical way to lighten your liver's burden and cleanse away occasional culinary sins and environmental toxins...
Drink bone broth!
The Non-Essential Nutrient That's Essential for Detoxifying
Bone broth is rich in a wide variety of nutrients, including the amino acid glycine. Glycine is the simplest of all amino acids and is considered "non-essential." That means that it can be produced by the body.
But when it comes to detoxification, glycine is absolutely essential. In fact, without enough glycine, your liver's ability to do its job comes to a slow grind...
Ed. Note: Kelley Herring is the Founder and Editor of Healing Gourmet - the leading provider of organic, sustainable recipes and meal plans for health and weight loss. Be sure to grab Healing Gourmet's free books - Eating Clean & Saving Green: Your Guide to Organic Foods on a Budget (includes 100+ foods at the best prices) and Eat Your Way Into Shape: Flip Your Body's Fat Blasting Switch and Melt 12 Pounds in 2 Weeks (includes a delicious 7 day meal plan!). Claim your free copies here...
|Recent Health News|
Two Cups of Milk a Day Ideal for Children's Health, New Research Shows
New research has answered one of the most common questions parents ask their doctors: How much milk should I be giving my children? The answer is two cups per day.
"We started to research the question because professional recommendations around milk intake were unclear and doctors and parents were seeking answers," said Dr. Jonathon Maguire, a pediatrician at St. Michael's Hospital and the lead author of the study.
Dr. Maguire and his team looked at how cow's milk affected body stores of iron and vitamin D - two of the most important nutrients in milk - in more than 1,300 children aged two to five years.
The results of the study appeared online in Pediatrics December 17.
They found that children who drank more cow's milk had higher Vitamin D stores but lower iron stores.
"We saw that two cups of cow's milk per day was enough to maintain adequate vitamin D levels for most children, while also maintaining iron stores. With additional cow's milk, there was a further reduction in iron stores without greater benefit from vitamin D," Dr. Maguire said.
The researchers recruited healthy children during routine doctor's appointments between 2008 and 2010. Parents were asked to fill out an extensive questionnaire about their children's milk drinking habits and other factors that could affect iron and Vitamin D stores. A blood sample was obtained from each child to determine body stores of iron and Vitamin D.
The children were participating in TARGet Kids!, a unique collaboration between children's doctors and researchers from St. Michael's Hospital and The Hospital for Sick Children. The program follows children from birth with the aim of understanding and preventing common nutrition problems in the early years and their impact on health and disease later in life.
The study also suggested that children with darker skin pigmentation may not have enough vitamin D stores during the winter months. Dr. Maguire suggested that instead of consuming more milk to increase these levels, wintertime vitamin D supplementation may be a more appropriate way of increasing vitamin D stores while preserving iron stores.
"Vitamin D deficiency in children has been linked to bone health issues and iron deficiency has been linked to anemia and delays in cognitive development," Dr. Maguire said. "Being able to answer parent's questions about healthy cow's milk intake is important to avoiding these potentially serious complications of low vitamin D and iron stores."
The Canadian Paediatric Society recommends that cow's milk not be started before one year of age. The study was supported in part by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research and the St. Michael's Hospital Foundation.
St. Michael's Hospital. "Two cups of milk a day ideal for children's health, new research shows." ScienceDaily, 17 Dec. 2012. Web. 18 Dec. 2012
|Athlete Corner - Scott Mendelson Q&A|
New Year Rapid Fat Loss- 10-20 lbs Gone in 30 Days!
By: Scott Mendelson
My husband and I have New Year body transformation goals in mind! We have gone as far as we can go with our current knowledge which has left us without much progress during the last six months. Admittedly, we are just doing the same things over and over. My husband needs to lose about 20 lbs of belly fat and I need to drop 10-15 lbs, focused in my lower body so we can both look great for a March 1 vacation!
Yes, you guys can reach those goals before your trip March 1 and feel great doing it! Based on a review of the nutrition and training info you sent my way, a few key steps will be needed. The nutrition, exercise and goal setting strategies must change in a strategic manner to support your rapid fat loss success. What you have been doing has proven not to work, so there is no reason to follow the same plans that failed you before. Yes, you can reach your goals without starving or killing yourself with hours of exercise. Believing in the effectiveness of your plan will not only fuel faster progress, but also the excellent level of consistency to support long term success.How to Burn 10-20 lbs of Fat in 30 Days
An easy way to implement macronutrient cycling and many other advanced fat loss protocols to burn 10-20 lbs of body fat in a month is the KISS Rapid Fat Loss Plan. Email Scott@infinityfitness.com for a free copy and video description of the plan.What Went Wrong? - How to Fix IT!
I get many emails approaching the New Year from people who were disappointed with progress and now looking for answers. My priority is to identify problems and help clients solve them ASAP to get them on the fast track to success. You guys do have some good habits in place by eating plenty of grass fed beef and other organic foods items. You are devoting enough time to exercise, but the overall strategies are not supporting fat loss...Continue Reading...
Email Scott@infinityfitness.com to discuss your goals and for copies of the 17 Rapid Fat Loss Tips, Cutting Edge Nutrition Interview with Dr. Serrano, KISS Rapid Fat Loss Plan or the 10 Minute Fat Loss Interval Workout.
Check out our new blog for great tips, exercise video clips, success strategies and more !
Infinity Fitness INC provides training, fitness, and nutritional information for educational purposes. It is important that you consult with a health professional to ensure that your dietary and health needs are met. It is necessary for you to carefully monitor your progress and to make changes to your nutritional and fitness program to enjoy success. Infinity Fitness does not employ dietitians or health professionals and assumes no responsibility or liability for your personal health and condition. For more information regarding our Limited Warranty for products and services, please see our disclaimer at InfinityFitness.com. Copyright © Infinity Fitness INC All Rights Reserved 2010
This document is provided by Infinity Fitness INC for general guidance only, and does not constitute the provision of health or fitness advice. The information is provided "as is" with no assurance or guarantee of completeness, accuracy, or timeliness of the information, and without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of performance, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose.
Dear U.S. Wellness,
I received the bacon on Friday and added some of the ends to my chili recipe yesterday. YUMMY! Thank you so much!!
Seared Scallops with Sauteed Kale
- 1 lb Alaskan Scallops
- 1/2 lb Pork Sausage (1/2 package)
- 1/2 lb bacon, cooked and chopped (set aside 1 tbsp of the bacon grease)
- 1/4 lb kale, coarsely chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp butter
- In a large pan on medium heat, sauté the sausage until cooked through. One note while cooking the sausage, be sure to break it up pretty often with a wooden spoon as it cooks. The point of this recipe is to let the sausage fall all over the kale and scallops, so you don't want big chunks of sausage.
- Once the sausage is cooked, set it aside with the cooked and chopped bacon. Be sure to keep your pan that you cooked the sausage in handy, you'll be using it to sear the scallops. You'll also notice that I didn't include any instructions on how to cook bacon. This is a Paleo-centered blog, I'm sure you know how to cook it :)
- Gently rinse your scallops in cool water and pat dry with a paper towel or two. Season the scallops with 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper, and set aside.
- In a skillet, warm 1 tbsp of the bacon grease and 1 tbsp butter on medium/low heat for about two minutes.
- Next, add the chopped shallot and sauté for about three minutes, until aromatic and slightly translucent.
- When the shallot is ready, add the coarsely-chopped kale and mix it together with tongs until well-coated. Sauté for two minutes, turning often.
- Add the red pepper flakes, apple cider vinegar, chicken broth, and the remaining 1/2 tsp salt and pepper to the kale, mix together, then cover and simmer for about four minutes. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tbsp of butter in the pan you used to cook the sausage, on med/high heat, until melted but before the butter starts to brown - about two minutes.
- Raise the heat to high and add the scallops.
- Sear the scallops for about three minutes per side, until slightly browned.
- That's basically it - just plate the dish with the kale, then the sausage, then the scallops, and sprinkle the bacon on top. Quick, easy, and super delicious.
Thanks to The Domestic Man for sharing this recipe and photo! More unique paleo and revised traditional recipes can be found on his blog.
If you are a blogger or food artist and would like to see your recipes published simply email them to email@example.com.
US Wellness Cattle - Northeast Missouri
These US Wellness cattle in Northeast Missouri are grazing very nutritious forage wheat on a sunny December afternoon. Seedling forage wheat is great fall pasture.
- All orders must weigh at least 7 pounds in order to ship, to ensure everything stays frozen during transit.
- $75 minimum purchase requirement, since we have built the cost of shipping into the price of each product.
- You will never be charged extra for shipping.
- There is a $7.50 handling fee upon checkout.
- The South Carolina Chicken Bundles, Olive Oil and cookbooks ship from separate locations, so they are not included in the 7 lb weight minimum. The shopping cart will keep track and remind you if your order is under the 7 lb limit.
- Receive a $25 discount for every 40 pounds you order. This offer excludes items that ship separate such as the South Carolina Chicken and Olive Oil.
- This is our way of saying thank-you for purchasing in bulk!
- This can be any combination of products totaling 40 pounds and does not have to be specific to any category. Each 40 pound interval will yield the discount - for example, order 80 pounds and we'll take $50 off!
Need to change your address information or remove yourself from our customer newsletter? Click here and enter your email address and store password and you will be able to edit your customer file.
To unsubscribe from this email list, simply click on the SafeUnsubscribe link at the very bottom of this page.
U.S. Wellness Meats does not sell, trade or give away any subscriber information. This isn't just an ethical commitment, it's also a legal one.
Copyright © 2009 by U.S. Wellness Meats. All rights reserved. The content, design and graphical elements of this newsletter are copyrighted.
Please secure written permission of the authors before copying or using this material. Address: