This doesn't happen very often - but this week you have a chance to stock up on the always popular Filet Mignon steaks while they are on sale! The 9 oz filet is a delicacy often saved for only the best occasion so don't miss out on this limited time offer!
Are you one of the many consumers avoiding nightshades? Have you or a family member recently been diagnosed with an autoimmune disorder? AIP expert Eileen Laird of Phoenix Helix shared an excellent article on our blog explaining ways that you can reverse autoimmunity that actually have nothing to do with food. These suggestions will be beneficial whether you have an autoimmune issue or not!
If you want to experience fresh (never frozen!) grass-fed steaks, roasts or burger, now is the time to order! We custom cut fresh chilled beef bundles once a month, and the next order deadline is this Friday, August 8. Be sure to have your order placed by noon on Friday to ensure shipment on Wednesday, August 13.
Is going gluten-free dangerous to your health? Are there actually adverse effects that can arise by eliminating gluten? Several claims such as these have made the news, and Mark's Daily Apple posted a helpful guide with answers to all of these questions, now on their blog.
Stay current with all of our most recent product restocks, sales, events, giveaways, new recipes, farm photos and much more by joining the 35,000+ other fans on our Facebook page!
John, Lee Ann, Tressa, Jennifer, Amanda & Laura on behalf of the farm families of US Wellness Meats.
Toll Free: (877) 383-0051
Restocked This Week:
Restocking Monday afternoon:
15% Discount Code Available!
- Read Dr. Al Sears' article below.
- Find the bold, 7-red-letter code word spelled out in order.
- Code expires this Tuesday at midnight CST.
- Applies to any order under 40 lbs, excluding any sale items, volume discounts, and gift certificates
Dr. Al Sears, M.D.|
Nothing a Good Dose of Vitamin-C Can't Cure
By: Al Sears, MD
We have plenty of scientific evidence that proves the value of nutrients and supplements ... but look at what happens when you take that evidence to a standard doctor.
A patient of mine didn't want to make a long drive to my office for a little cold. So he went to see his primary care doctor. When he got to the physician's office, his doctor was hassling him. "You haven't been here for a visit in over two years."
"But I never get sick," he said. "I take Dr. Sears' supplements and they work. I've shown you the research..."
"Look," his doctor said to him, "I will give you any drug you want, but I don't care about these natural supplements. And all those research articles that you're bringing to me? They mean nothing to me."
How can you tell a patient scientific research means nothing to you? It's as if he thought the subject matter was not his concern. It's as if he were saying, "This means nothing because it's about supplements and that's something I don't and shouldn't care about." So he left and came to see me.
He had an acute viral syndrome or possibly even flu. He got the symptoms midway through a cruise, and it had been hanging around for 2 weeks. It's nothing a good dose of vitamin C and eucalyptus can't cure. And that's the very least of what supplements can do for us...Continue Reading...
Editors Note: Dr. Al Sears, M.D. is a board-certified clinical nutrition specialist. His practice, Dr. Sears' Health & Wellness Center in Royal Palm Beach, Fla., specializes in alternative medicine. He is the author of seven books in the fields of alternative medicine, anti-aging, and nutritional supplementation, including The Doctor's Heart Cure. To get his free special report on the proven anti-aging strategies for building a vibrant, disease-free life, go here now. You'll learn how to stop Father Time without giving up the foods you love.
The Fatty Fruit You Need to Get Lean
(and Stay Young!)
By: Kelley Herring, Healing Gourmet
Did you know that there is a delicious fruit that can help you lose weight, reduce inflammation, fight cancer, protect against heart disease, slow aging and even absorb more nutrients from your food?
It might sound like I'm describing a newly discovered rare superfruit from the jungle - the kind you see in over-the-top ads for nutritional supplements. It turns out this food is actually quite common. In fact, you've probably eaten it recently.
And that's a good thing... because the health benefits of this common fruit are remarkably uncommon!
If you haven't already guessed, I'm talking about the avocado!
Want to Shed Fat? Add Avocado to Your Lunch
Unfortunately avocados got caught up in the low-fat craze of the 70's & 80's. Many Americans shunned it due to its reputation for being laden with fat and calories. But we know that's a good thing, because avocados are rich in monounsaturated fats - one of the healthiest fats of all.
In fact, research is proving that these certified superfruits can be a dieter's best friend...Continue Reading...
Ed. Note: Kelley Herring is author of more than a dozen books on nutrition and natural healing. She is also the co-founder of Wellness Bakeries, which has just released their newest product - Better Bread - a 100% Paleo bread mix you can whip up in 5 minutes flat.
|Recent Health News|
Missing Sleep May Hurt Your Memory
Lack of sleep, already considered a public health epidemic, can also lead to errors in memory, finds a new study by researchers at Michigan State University and the University of California, Irvine.
The study, published online in the journal Psychological Science
, found participants deprived of a night's sleep were more likely to flub the details of a simulated burglary they were shown in a series of images.
Distorted memory can have serious consequences in areas such as criminal justice, where eyewitness misidentifications are thought to be the leading cause of wrongful convictions in the United States.
"We found memory distortion is greater after sleep deprivation," said Kimberly Fenn, MSU associate professor of psychology and co-investigator on the study. "And people are getting less sleep each night than they ever have."
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention calls insufficient sleep an epidemic and said it's linked to vehicle crashes, industrial disasters and chronic diseases such as hypertension and diabetes.
The researchers conducted experiments at MSU and UC-Irvine to gauge the effect of insufficient sleep on memory. The results: Participants who were kept awake for 24 hours - and even those who got five or fewer hours of sleep - were more likely to mix up event details than participants who were well rested.
"People who repeatedly get low amounts of sleep every night could be more prone in the long run to develop these forms of memory distortion," Fenn said. "It's not just a full night of sleep deprivation that puts them at risk."
Michigan State University. "Missing sleep may hurt your memory." ScienceDaily. ScienceDaily, 21 July 2014. <www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/07/140721100414.htm>.
|Athlete Corner - Scott Mendelson Q&A|
Super Set Strategies to Double the Rate of Body Fat Loss
By: Scott Mendelson
I have been reading your column for a while and notice that your training routines have some sort of super set format which makes things more complicated so I was curious as to why. I am 45 and need a transformation to get back into the great shape I achieved in my mid-30's when you could see my abs!
There is a method to all of my madness to increase body transformation progress with maximum efficiency. The Rapid Fat Loss training routine below features super sets in their purest format to accelerate neurological recovery between sets which govern strength levels. The higher the training quality measured by strength improvements and other performance factors- the higher the levels of fat burning hormones will surge. We are going to elaborate in the new blog post
Over the last 15 years my clients have consistently remarked during the early phases of customized training programs that they felt like they did 90 minutes of work in 45 minutes or less due to the rapid pace of training. Better yet their strength levels improved over time without injuries or fatigue during training. We are able to earn these benefits by properly training the muscles as well as the nervous system...Continue Reading...
for a free copy of the Success Calendar Tracking tool and the KISS Rapid Fat Loss Female & Male Nutrition Plans which include five sample days of eating.
Infinity Fitness INC provides training, fitness, and nutritional information for educational purposes. It is important that you consult with a health professional to ensure that your dietary and health needs are met. Do not start or make changes to your exercise program without consulting your doctor. It is necessary for you to carefully monitor your progress and to make changes to your nutritional and fitness program to enjoy success. Infinity Fitness does not employ dieticians or health professionals and assumes no responsibility or liability for your personal health and condition. For more information regarding our Limited Warranty for products and services, please see our disclaimer at InfinityFitness.com. Copyright © Infinity Fitness INC All Rights Reserved 2014
This was my first order from US Wellness and I am most impressed with the packaging, speed in which the package came to me, and all the goodness inside. I've read so much about US Wellness in the last year and am happy to have finally tried your company.I thank you for taking such care to offer all the very healthy products that you do!A new fan,Amy P.
Directions: Barbecue Heart of Shoulder Roast
- Rub the shoulder roast all over with the barbecue rub, then cover tightly with two layers of plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- Set up your grill for indirect smoking. If using a charcoal grill, bank the charcoal to one side and add some wood chunks to the charcoal. On the other side of the grill, place a large aluminum pan filled with about 1" of water. If using a gas grill, place two small aluminum pans on one side of the grill; put wood chunks in one pan, and wood chips in the other. Fill the pan with wood chips up with about 1" of water. This will allow the wood chunks to smoke first, then the water will evaporate from the other pan and the chips will smoke next. On the other side of the gas grill, place a large aluminum pan and fill it with about 1" of water. See the illustrations and picture below for a better look at the setup. This is my standard setup for most barbecuing and smoking endeavors.
- Light your grill and bring the temperature on the cool side of the grill to about 250F (plus or minus 25 degrees is okay). If using a gas grill, only light the burners that are underneath the small pans.
- Remove and discard the plastic wrap from the roast, then place the roast on the cool side of the grill (over the large aluminum pan). Place it fatty-side-up, with the thickest part of the roast facing the hot side of the grill. Cover the grill and smoke until the roast registers an internal temperature of 160F, about 2-3 hours. If using a charcoal grill, replace charcoal and wood chunks as needed.
- Wrap the roast with heavy duty tinfoil, and pour 1 cup of beef broth in with the roast before completely wrapping it. Return to the grill and barbecue until the roast can be pierced with a toothpick with little resistance or reaches an internal temperature of 200F, about 1-2 more hours. Once finished, let cool for 20 minutes before unwrapping and slicing. Serve with the liquid inside the tinfoil. Mix the liquid with some barbecue sauce for even more flavor.
** While you could use an quick-read thermometer to check your roast, opening the grill lid repeatedly to check will mess with the grill's internal temperature. I use a remote grill thermometer, which allows me to monitor both the grill and meat temperatures without lifting the lid. It's very easy to set up, and it's a gadget, which is a win in my book (I'm a fan of all things gadget).
** My barbecue rub recipe yields more rub than you'll need for this recipe, but we've found that it's always good to make extra rub for those days that you want barbecue but don't want to make a rub right then and there. We store ours in a sealed mason jar.
** You don't necessary have to refrigerate the seasoned roast overnight, but it makes for a tastier end product. If you don't have the time, simply refrigerating the roast for 30 minutes will improve the flavor as well.
** For a more tender roast, place the finished roast (still in tinfoil) in a small container (a cooler or an unused microwave) for 1 hour to let it cool.
** I suggest only slicing as much roast as you're going to immediately eat, since exposing barbecued beef to air will dry it out quickly.
This recipe and photo are courtesy of our good friend Russ Crandall, author of the very popular paleo blog The Domestic Man, and the cookbook The Ancestral Table. Visit his blog for more classic paleo recipes!If you are a blogger or food artist and would like to see your recipes published simply email us.
Farm Photos - Lewis County, MO|
US Wellness cattle in Northeast Missouri are enjoying a calm summer sunset and lush green pastures.
- All orders must weigh at least 7 pounds in order to ship, to ensure everything stays frozen during transit.
- $75 minimum purchase requirement, since we have built the cost of shipping into the price of each product.
- You will never be charged extra for shipping.
- There is a $7.50 handling fee upon checkout.
- The South Carolina Chicken Bundles, BBQ Sauce, produce and cookbooks ship from separate locations, so they are not included in the 7 lb weight minimum. The shopping cart will keep track and remind you if your order is under the 7 lb limit.
- Receive a $25 discount for every 40 pounds you order. This offer excludes items that ship separate such as the South Carolina Chicken, produce and fresh bundles.
- This is our way of saying thank-you for purchasing in bulk!
- This can be any combination of products totaling 40 pounds and does not have to be specific to any category. Each 40 pound interval will yield the discount - for example, order 80 pounds and we'll take $50 off!
Need to change your address information or remove yourself from our customer newsletter? Click here and enter your email address and store password and you will be able to edit your customer file.
To unsubscribe from this email list, simply click on the SafeUnsubscribe link at the very bottom of this page.
U.S. Wellness Meats does not sell, trade or give away any subscriber information. This isn't just an ethical commitment, it's also a legal one.
Copyright © 2009 by U.S. Wellness Meats. All rights reserved. The content, design and graphical elements of this newsletter are copyrighted.
Please secure written permission of the authors before copying or using this material. Address: