US Wellness has grown over the past 15 years thanks to the loyal support of our customer base, and the hard work of our producers and partners. We created the new partner map on the right to highlight our farmers. Click here to learn more about our animals, farms and raising practices in our new blog post with complete details and expanded map.
Be adventurous and celebrate the upcoming Cinco De Mayo holiday with the Mexican Tripe Soup recipe featured below. This recipe required a full year of trial and error to get it just right. The honeycomb tripe is on sale this week in honor of Cinco De Mayo.
Take advantage of ribeye , sirloin tips and lamb kabobs for upcoming graduation parties, Memorial Day and summer grilling. US Wellness E-gift cards are excellent gifts for new graduates.
Several great articles below on the cause of human disease, benefits of nutrient dense foods, world happiness, and an new exercise program to create pool ready condition quickly
Don't forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or our Blog.
Thank you for your past patronage and future consideration.
Late April Regards,
John, Lee Ann, Tressa, Amanda & Laura on behalf of the farm families of US Wellness Meats.
Toll Free: (877) 383-0051
|Dr. Al Sears|
Where Modern Diseases Really Come From
By: Dr. Al Sears, MD
Modern medicine is quick to blame chronic diseases on your genes. Maybe you're worried about inheriting your mother's cancer or your father's heart disease. Maybe your grandmother had diabetes.
But for decades, I've been saying that modern diseases aren't always genetic - and even if some are, it doesn't mean you are necessarily going to get them. Modern diseases result when your primal body comes up against a hostile environment.
Let me explain what I mean.
Nature plays a pivotal role in how human beings evolve. Our earliest ancestors were drawn to the sea and settled along coastlines. They had easy access to
Editors Note: Dr. Al Sears, M.D. is a board-certified clinical nutrition specialist. His practice, Dr. Sears' Health & Wellness Center in Royal Palm Beach, Fla., specializes in alternative medicine. He is the author of seven books in the fields of alternative medicine, anti-aging, and nutritional supplementation, including The Doctor's Heart Cure. To get his free special report on the proven anti-aging strategies for building a vibrant, disease-free life, go here now. You'll learn how to stop Father Time without giving up the foods you love.
Nutrient Density: The Key to Youth and Beauty
By: Kelley Herring, Healing Gourmet
Do you want smoother skin, more lustrous hair, stronger nails and a youthful glow? Who doesn't?
In our modern world of uber-expensive creams, potions and procedures, many of us are willing to spend big bucks when it comes preserving or regaining our youthful looks. But the secret to looking young and vibrant doesn't come in a fancy package. It doesn't require needles, syringes and scalpels. And it won't cost you a lot of money, either.
The key to looking vibrant at any age lies in the nutrient-dense diet of our Continue Reading....
|Recent Health News|
World Happiness Report 2015 ~ ranks happiest countries
Since it was first published in 2012, the World Happiness Report demonstrated that well-being and happiness are critical indicators of a nation's economic and social development, and should be a key aim of policy. This year's report looks at the changes in happiness levels in 158 countries, and examines the reasons behind the statistics. The World Happiness Report 2015 also comes in advance of three high-level negotiations that will give world leaders the opportunity to reshape the global agenda and move the world towards a sustainable development agenda that includes well-being as an essential element.
The first World Happiness Report, released in 2012 ahead of the UN high-level meeting on Happiness and Well-being, drew international attention as a landmark first survey of the state of global happiness. This latest report digs even deeper into the data looking at country trends since the first report, regional indicators, factors in gender and age, and the importance of investing in social capital.
The report identifies the countries with the highest levels of happiness:
"As the science of happiness advances, we are getting to the heart of what factors define quality of life for citizens," said Helliwell. "We are encouraged that more and more governments around the world are listening and responding with policies that put well-being first. Countries with strong social and institutional capital not only support greater well-being, but are more resilient to social and economic crises."
The above story is based on materials provided by Sustainable Development Solutions Network
Sustainable Development Solutions Network. "World Happiness Report 2015 ranks happiest countries." ScienceDaily. ScienceDaily, 23 April 2015. <www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/04/150423130327.htm>.
|Athlete Corner - Scott Mendelson Q&A|
Burn 15 Pounds of Fat to be Pool Ready for Memorial Day
By: Scott Mendelson
I need to burn 15 pounds of body fat by Memorial Day weekend which is quickly approaching. My wife needs to lose about 10 pounds of fat. My diet has been very clean since the beginning of January and training has been consistent as well. However after losing 17 pounds of fat since Jan 1, progress stopped during all of April even though I have been using the same training and nutrition plan throughout. What would you suggest to break this plateau with the basic training equipment I have at home? Mark & Terry.
Mark & Terry,
Mark we can get you "Pool Ready" for Memorial Day by making strategic improvements to your nutrition and training programs. You cannot earn a low body fat level by using the same nutrition and training programs for an extended period of time. The stimuli become stale quickly which limits the productive metabolic and hormonal responses needed to drive body fat loss.Continue Reading.....
Infinity Fitness INC provides training, fitness, and nutritional information for educational purposes. It is important that you consult with a health professional to ensure that your dietary and health needs are met. Do not start or make changes to your exercise program without consulting your doctor. It is necessary for you to carefully monitor your progress and to make changes to your nutritional and fitness program to enjoy success. Infinity Fitness does not employ dieticians or health professionals and assumes no responsibility or liability for your personal health and condition. For more information regarding our Limited Warranty for products and services, please see our disclaimer at InfinityFitness.com.
Copyright © Infinity Fitness INC All Rights Reserved 2014
Perfect for Toddlers
I have used regular pemmican tubs
as a quick snack for my children for years.
I scoop out chunks and freeze them in individual bags. Then I just grab and go.
My boys will eat them frozen or thawed!
Mexican Tripe Soup (Pancita/Menudo)
- 6 dried guajillo chiles, stems and seeds removed
- 1/2 medium white onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp dried oregano, Mexican oregano preferred (more to taste and to garnish)
- 1 tsp dried cilantro
- 2 - 16 oz cans organic (non GMO) hominy (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- juice of two limes
- 1/2 medium white onion, diced (garnish)
- crushed red pepper (garnish for additional spiciness)
- Put the feet, or hooves, or beef knuckle bones, and tripe into a large pot
- Fill pot with water and boil for 10 minutes, then drain and rinse gently with cold water
- Return the pieces to the pot and fill with enough water to cover everything by at least 1", about 12 cups total
- Bring everything to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer, and simmer for one hour. Be sure to scoop up any foam or fat that accumulates on the surface. After an hour, add the bay leaves and simmer until the feet just start to fall apart, about another hour. Add water as needed to keep the pieces fully submerged
- As the soup simmers, prepare the chili paste by placing the chiles in a small pot with about one cup of water, and bring to a boil. Once it starts boiling, remove the pot of chiles from the heat and let it sit for about thirty minutes. Once they are cool, blend the chiles with the onion and garlic, adding some of the water you boiled the chiles in if the paste gets too thick.
- Once the pig's feet, hooves or knuckle bones are just starting to fall apart, add the chili paste (pour it through a strainer to catch any big chunks or seeds), oregano, and dried cilantro, and simmer for another 30 minutes. Next, fish the feet/hooves/knuckle bones out and set them aside to cool while the soup simmers for another 30 minutes. This is also when you would add the hominy if you're using it. Once the feet/hooves, knuckle bones are cool, remove any pieces of meat you can find and add it to the soup. Discard the rest of the feet/hooves,knuckle bone.
- After the soup has simmered for an additional 30 minutes (three hours total - one hour with just the tripe/feet-hoove-knuckle boner, one hour with the bay leaves, 30 mins with the chili paste, 30 mins without the feet-hooves-knuckle bone), it's ready to serve. Add salt and pepper to taste (probably about 1 tbsp salt and 1 tsp pepper), and add the lime juice. Serve with diced white onion and more dried oregano, and crushed red pepper for additional spiciness. Some people like to add fresh chopped cilantro as well.
- Many people like to refrigerate this soup overnight and reheat the next day, to allow the flavors to marry, and I think that's a pretty good idea.
If you are a blogger or food artist and would like to see your recipes published simply email us.
Mr. Russ Crandall, aka The Domestic Man
spent over a year perfecting the Mexican Tripe Soup recipe. This soup is often considered the ultimate hangover cure. Many more Domestic Man
recipes can be discovered in The Ancestral Table.
- All orders must weigh at least 7 pounds in order to ship, to ensure everything stays frozen during transit.
- $75 minimum purchase requirement, since we have built the cost of shipping into the price of each product.
- You will never be charged extra for shipping.
- There is a $7.50 handling fee upon checkout.
- The South Carolina Chicken Bundles, BBQ Sauce, produce and cookbooks ship from separate locations, so they are not included in the 7 lb weight minimum. The shopping cart will keep track and remind you if your order is under the 7 lb limit.
- Receive a $25 discount for every 40 pounds you order. This offer excludes items that ship separate such as the South Carolina Chicken, produce and fresh bundles.
- This is our way of saying thank-you for purchasing in bulk!
- This can be any combination of products totaling 40 pounds and does not have to be specific to any category. Each 40 pound interval will yield the discount - for example, order 80 pounds and we'll take $50 off!
Need to change your address information or remove yourself from our customer newsletter? Click here and enter your email address and store password and you will be able to edit your customer file.
To unsubscribe from this email list, simply click on the SafeUnsubscribe link at the very bottom of this page.
U.S. Wellness Meats does not sell, trade or give away any subscriber information. This isn't just an ethical commitment, it's also a legal one.
Copyright © 2009 by U.S. Wellness Meats. All rights reserved. The content, design and graphical elements of this newsletter are copyrighted.
Please secure written permission of the authors before copying or using this material. Address: