Thank you for your patronage of our webstore and newsletter as we round the half way point of 2015 with flags flying and fireworks bursting in the night sky. But, let us remember our military men and women protecting freedom at home and abroad this 4th of July 2015.
A special tip of the hat goes to the brave members of the Constitutional Congress that made the fateful decision to cut ties with England 239 years ago, and had the courage to face the British Army and win after a grueling war. Freedom is a powerful motivator and our 239 year history would not be the same without it.
On sale items
run the gamut from grass-fed beef back ribs
, to pastured drumsticks
and high omega 3 salmon patties
just waiting for your grilling expertise.
Our home county of Lewis in Missouri borders the Mississippi River. Navy combat veteran Chris Ring
commenced swimming the Mississippi River 29 days ago from the headwaters lake Itasca, and hopes to be in New Orleans by December 6th if all goes well. It is an effort to raise money for the families of the fallen via Legacies Alive
. We look forward to Chris's arrival on the shores of Lewis County some time in August.
Four timely articles below. A great discussion on 'franken fats', 3 paleo surprises that most have never heard of, 28 day fat loss program, and how to banish fussy eating habits of children.
Don't forget to follow us on Facebook
or our Blog
4th of July Regards,
John, Lee Ann, Tressa, Amanda, Laura, and Deric on behalf of the farm families of US Wellness Meats.
Toll Free: (877) 383-0051
Restocked This Week:
15% Discount Red Letter Code Available!
- Read Dr. Al Sears' directly below
- Find the bold, 7-letter code word spelled out in order.
- Code expires this Tuesday at midnight CST.
- Applies to any order under 40 lbs, excluding any sale items, volume discounts, and gift certificates
|Dr. Al Sears|
FDA Fumbles Franken-Fat
By: Dr. Al Sears, MD
You may have heard a lot of experts praise the FDA for finally "banning" artificial trans fats.
And I agree it's a good idea to remove these man-made fats from all of our foods.
But if you look closely at the FDA plan, I think you'll see it's not all it's cracked up to be.
As the name suggests, food companies make these "partially hydrogenated vegetable oils" by pumping hydrogen into vegetable oils, which turns them into solids.
These fats have nothing to do with nature. Your body doesn't even recognize them as nutrients.
And they've been linked to many chronic ailments, like obesity, heart disease and memory loss - to name just a few.
Editors Note: Dr. Al Sears, M.D. is a board-certified clinical nutrition specialist. His practice, Dr. Sears' Health & Wellness Center in Royal Palm Beach, Fla., specializes in alternative medicine. He is the author of seven books in the fields of alternative medicine, anti-aging, and nutritional supplementation, including The Doctor's Heart Cure. To get his free special report on the proven anti-aging strategies for building a vibrant, disease-free life, go here now. You'll learn how to stop Father Time without giving up the foods you love.
The Health-Harming Trifecta in "Paleo-Friendly" Foods
By: Kelley Herring, Healing Gourmet
If you follow an ancestral diet, you've probably given up the consumption of grains. And that's a good thing. Not only are grain-based foods unnecessary from a nutritional perspective, they also promote inflammation, contain anti-nutrients and contribute to a leaky gut.
But what about the pseudograins, including quinoa buckwheat and amaranth? While these foods bear a resemblance to grains in their taste and texture, they are actually the seeds of broadleaf plants and are biologically unrelated to grains. They are often touted as a safe alternative.
|Recent Health News|
How To Banish Children's Fussy Eating: Three Steps
Source: Aston University
Parents could banish their children's fussy eating habits by following three simple steps, a new study suggests.
Introducing the 'three Rs' -- Repetition, Role Modelling and Rewards -- at meal times could help parents to get their children to eat, and even like, new vegetables, according to new research from Aston and Loughborough Universities.
By repeatedly exposing a child to a certain food ('repetition'), eating it first and show them how tasty it is ('role modelling') and praising them for trying it ('rewards'), a parent can help positively change their child's attitude to the food.Continue Reading.............
1. Clare E. Holley, Emma Haycraft, Claire Farrow. 'Why don't you try it again?' A comparison of parent led, home based interventions aimed at increasing children's consumption of a disliked vegetable. Appetite, 2015; 87: 215 DOI: 10.1016/j.appet.2014.12.21
|Athlete Corner - Scott Mendelson Q&A|
Finding Your Fat Burning Prime Time to Double Your Rate of Fat Loss
By: Scott Mendelson
Following any holiday I feel lousy for a few days from over eating the wrong foods. I am fed up and after July 4 I want to go on a fat burning tirade! What do you suggest for training and nutrition for a busy businessman who wants to look great at the pool? Barry
The right strategies will double your rate of fat burning progress while improving your daily energy levels. I work with many executive clients who demand high energy levels and razor sharp focus to maximize their work success.
Continue Reading ...
Infinity Fitness INC provides training, fitness, and nutritional information for educational purposes. It is important that you consult with a health professional to ensure that your dietary and health needs are met. Do not start or make changes to your exercise program without consulting your doctor. It is necessary for you to carefully monitor your progress and to make changes to your nutritional and fitness program to enjoy success. Infinity Fitness does not employ dieticians or health professionals and assumes no responsibility or liability for your personal health and condition. For more information regarding our Limited Warranty for products and services, please see our disclaimer at InfinityFitness.com.
Copyright © Infinity Fitness INC All Rights Reserved 2014
|Mouthwatering Salmon Burgers
Great quick and healthy meal!
Eight minutes in the pan from frozen gives you a delicious, delicately flavored, moist salmon burger
, chock-full of omega 3's!
Best of all, my husband likes it too!
Simple Grilled Chicken Drumsticks
are a great cut of chicken. My three-year-old son loves them, since they come with "handles" and he gets to eat with his hands. To celebrate these little legs I decided to write up a quick, foolproof recipe for grilling drumsticks.
They are also one of the easiest and most rewarding pieces of chicken to grill, because it's hard to mess them up. Chicken breasts are great, but they have a very small window of juiciness, and will dry up quicker than a jackrabbit in a thunderstorm. Whole chickens are also fun to grill, but are best when brined, which can take some time and planning. Thighs are another good option, but let's be honest here - they're just not as fun as drumsticks. Ingredients:
- Preheat your grill on high heat
- Place drumsticks on side of grill and replace the cover
- After a minute or two, turn off heat below chicken; leave the heat on the other side of the grill on high or med/high
- You are looking for grill temperature of 350-400 degrees
- Let the chicken cook for 30 minutes
- Then turn the drumsticks over(also rotate the drumsticks to the opposite end is now facing the hot part of the grill)
- If you're up for it, this would be a good time to brush on a little melted butter/ghee on the drumstick which adds an extra layer of richness to the chicken, but not mission critical.....the chicken fat does a great job on its own
- Let it cook another 15 minutes and then check meat temperature (you're looking for 165 degrees)
- If not at 165 degrees, keep checking every ten minutes
If you are a blogger or food artist and would like to see your recipes published simply email us.
____________________________________________________ Mr. Russ Crandall, aka The Domestic Man, has the created the perfect 4th of July holiday drumstick recipe with precision detail. Many more Domestic Man recipes can be discovered in The Ancestral Table. Plus, Russ has a new book out this month title Paleo Takeout for quick recipes for those rushing through life at warp speed.
- All orders must weigh at least 7 pounds in order to ship, to ensure everything stays frozen during transit.
- $75 minimum purchase requirement, since we have built the cost of shipping into the price of each product.
- You will never be charged extra for shipping.
- There is a $7.50 handling fee upon checkout.
- The South Carolina Chicken Bundles, BBQ Sauce, produce and cookbooks ship from separate locations, so they are not included in the 7 lb weight minimum. The shopping cart will keep track and remind you if your order is under the 7 lb limit.
- Receive a $25 discount for every 40 pounds you order. This offer excludes items that ship separate such as the South Carolina Chicken, produce and fresh bundles.
- This is our way of saying thank-you for purchasing in bulk!
- This can be any combination of products totaling 40 pounds and does not have to be specific to any category. Each 40 pound interval will yield the discount - for example, order 80 pounds and we'll take $50 off!
Need to change your address information or remove yourself from our customer newsletter? Click here and enter your email address and store password and you will be able to edit your customer file.
To unsubscribe from this email list, simply click on the SafeUnsubscribe link at the very bottom of this page.
U.S. Wellness Meats does not sell, trade or give away any subscriber information. This isn't just an ethical commitment, it's also a legal one.
Copyright © 2009 by U.S. Wellness Meats. All rights reserved. The content, design and graphical elements of this newsletter are copyrighted.
Please secure written permission of the authors before copying or using this material. Address: