One of summer's favorite pastimes are picnics, graced with great food and even better company. Yes, July is the official picnic month of the year. We encourage you to fill your favorite basket with healthy sugar free hot dogs
, raw grass-fed cheese
, lamb rib chops
, bison patties
, sandwich steaks
, beef sliders, pork brats
, and our produce basket surprise
We are pleased to announce a new 'Kids Picks
' category after many requests. We encourage you to study the new category and make your suggestions for future additions. We commend parents who are making wise choices to get the next generation off to the best possible start.
Kelly Herring has a very healthy article on probiotics that weaves in modern foods and centuries old wisdom.
The Domestic Man has a very tasty striploin roast
recipe below that will work very well on the barbeque for a tasty surprise you will wow your friends, and family with. Roasts are not just for Fall and Winter dishes any more.
Don't forget the red letter code embedded within the Dr. Sears article ... you must click the continue reading link to discover the code. Dr. Sears lays out a smart plan to assist in pushing your life span out 20 additional years in the 21st century and for a few of you into the 22nd century.
US Wellness was recently awarded the the Animal Wellness Magazine
of approval. The Aug/Sept issue will have commentary on US Wellness pet food choices
. US Wellness shuns starches, carbs, etc. that most commercial raw pet food contain. Our 110 pound lab collie cross is a good testament to clean raw pet food. Pet burger
, ground chicken backs
, ground duck backs
, honey combed tripe
, tripe pieces
and chicken backs
are great introductory pet products.
We apologize for the maintenance windows this past week as we continue to fine tune our new web platform. We appreciate your your patience as we improve your buying experience. As always feel free to send us your suggestions, we welcome your feedback.
Don't forget to follow us on Facebook
or our Blog
Monsoon July Regards,
John, Lee Ann, Tressa, Amanda, Laura, and Deric on behalf of the farm families of US Wellness Meats.
Toll Free: (877) 383-0051
Restocking Monday, July 20th:
15% Discount Red Letter Code Available!
- Read the complete Dr. Al Sears' article directly below
- Find the bold, 8-letter code word spelled out in order.
- Code expires this Tuesday at midnight CST.
- Applies to any order under 40 lbs, excluding any sale items, volume discounts, and gift certificates
|Dr. Al Sears|
Add 20 Years to your "Healthspan"From Doctor's House Call -July 9th Edition
By: Dr. Al Sears, MD
Some of my patients are just awesome. Like B.H. At 82 he was still running 50-mile races and outperforming competitors half his age.
And H.K. She broke the world marathon record in the 85-90 age bracket - by more than an hour.
B.H. and H.K. have done a great job of extending their "healthspans."
That's what I call staying well, active and productive throughout your life. Your healthspan is what anti-aging medicine is all about. Sadly, most people get to their 80s and become too sickly or frail to enjoy life.
But the secret to a long healthspan is in your telomeres.
Editors Note: Dr. Al Sears, M.D. is a board-certified clinical nutrition specialist. His practice, Dr. Sears' Health & Wellness Center in Royal Palm Beach, Fla., specializes in alternative medicine. He is the author of seven books in the fields of alternative medicine, anti-aging, and nutritional supplementation, including The Doctor's Heart Cure. To get his free special report on the proven anti-aging strategies for building a vibrant, disease-free life, go here now. You'll learn how to stop Father Time without giving up the foods you love.
5 Delicious Probiotic Foods You Can Make at Home (in 20 Minutes!)
By: Kelley Herring, Healing Gourmet
In our bacteria-averse culture of hand sanitizers, chlorinated water, irradiated and pasteurized foods, research continues to prove that bacteria play an important role in improving our health, our mood... and even our risk of disease.
In fact, studies show that many seemingly unrelated conditions - including Alzheimer's, autism, migraines, food allergies, depression, insomnia and autoimmune illnesses - can all be improved by supporting the health of the bacterial colonies that reside in your gut (called gut flora or the microbiome).Continue Reading....
Kelley Herring is the author of the brand new book Better Breads - which includes information you need to know about why it is so important to avoid wheat and grains in your diet, plus how to use healthy replacements for these foods to create all the breads you love... without the gluten, carbs and health-harming effects.
|Recent Health News|
Restaurant meals as bad for your waistline as fast food
Source: University of Illinois Champaign-Urbana
When Americans go out to eat, either at a fast-food outlet or a full-service restaurant, they consume, on average, about 200 more calories a day than when they stay home for meals, a new study reports. They also take in more fat, saturated fat, cholesterol and sodium than those who prepare and eat their meals at home.Continue Reading ...
1. R An. Fast-food and full-service restaurant consumption and daily energy and nutrient intakes in US adults. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 2015; DOI: 10.1038/ejcn.2015.104
|Athlete Corner - Scott Mendelson Q&A|
Power Lunch and Arm Training for Time Efficient Fat Loss
By: Scott Mendelson
I am extremely busy during the day and need a quick lunch that will support my body fat loss goals. My breakfast and dinner are never a problem, but a "bad" lunch can also lead to snacking during the afternoon which gets me into trouble as well. What is the best bang for the buck weight training method for fat loss and to make my arms look really sharp?
Roger - Seal Beach, CA
I find myself and numerous clients in a very similar situation during the day and understand the needs of clients who not only need to improve body composition quickly, but also to maximize mental performance. The right nutrition and training approach will be a net time saver by making the brain perform better at work for longer periods of time.
Infinity Fitness INC provides training, fitness, and nutritional information for educational purposes. It is important that you consult with a health professional to ensure that your dietary and health needs are met. Do not start or make changes to your exercise program without consulting your doctor. It is necessary for you to carefully monitor your progress and to make changes to your nutritional and fitness program to enjoy success. Infinity Fitness does not employ dieticians or health professionals and assumes no responsibility or liability for your personal health and condition. For more information regarding our Limited Warranty for products and services, please see our disclaimer at InfinityFitness.com.
Copyright © Infinity Fitness INC All Rights Reserved 2014
These little sandwich steaks
are great! I get my pan super hot and flash pan fry them for about 20 sec on each side (for a nice medium), a little salt & pepper and they're perfect.
They're small enough (if you get about 7 in your pack) that I eat two at a time in my hoagie with lettuce and tomato. Tender, delicious and have that great grass fed flavor. So good!
San Diego, CA
(Gluten-Free, Paleo, Whole30)
Russ Crandall, The Domestic Man
The NY strip loin, sometimes called loin roast
or top loin, is a cut taken from the top of the cow's short loin. The short loin is located near the spine, past the ribs but before the tenderloin and round. This is a crowded ar
Lets Eat !!
ea of the cow in terms of butchery, as the porterhouse and tenderloin
also come from this section. In fact, this strip loin
is basically an uncut series of NY strip steaks. Confused yet? Don't worry, you don't need to know how to break down a cow in order to cook up this delicious specimen.
We're going to roast this loin in a method similar to my most popular post, this Perfect Eye of Round. We'll blast the roast at 500F to create a nice crust, then reduce heat to 250F until it's medium-rare.
Ingredients for the Roast:
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only (or 1 tsp dried thyme)
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves only (or 1 tsp dried rosemary)
- 2-4 lbs strip loin
Ingredients for the Vegetables:
- 1 lb frozen pearl onions
- 2 lbs waxy potatoes, cut in half
- 2 lbs carrots, cut into large pieces
- cloves garlic, smashed
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dried thyme)
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp duck fat, melted
- Using a mortar and pestle, grind the garlic into a paste. Add the oil, salt, pepper, thyme, and rosemary, and grind together with the garlic until uniform. Rub the paste all over the loin and place in a resealable plastic bag; refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, remove the loin from the fridge and allow to set out at room temperature for 30 minutes while you prepare your vegetables. For the pearl onions, gently rinse them in a colander and allow to drain for 30 minutes, then gently blot them dry with paper towels. Pre-heat your oven to 500F. Toss the vegetables and garlic cloves in the salt, pepper, thyme, and duck fat until well-coated.
- In a rimmed baking sheet, scatter the vegetables, leaving room in the center of the sheet. Place the loin in the center, on a small wire rack if you have one (I borrowed our toaster oven's wire rack). If you have an oven-friendly meat thermometer, stick it in the center of the loin. I use an iDevices kitchen thermometer, which connects to my smartphone and alerts me when the roast is at my desired temperature (130F in this case).
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and roast at 500F for 15 minutes, then rotate the pan and flip the vegetables. Reduce the oven heat to 250F and roast until the loin registers an internal temperature of 130F (medium-rare), about 45 minutes. If using an instant-read thermometer (one that doesn't rest in the meat the whole time), start checking the loin's temperature after 30 minutes, and every 10 minutes thereafter.
- Remove the roast (wire rack included) from the baking sheet and transfer to a cutting board; loosely cover the roast with tinfoil and allow to rest for 20 minutes. Turn the oven off but keep the vegetables in the oven to keep warm as the roast rests.
- Slice the roast against the grain into 1/2 in. slices and serve with the roasted vegetables and kosher salt to sprinkle on to taste.
** Toss the vegetables with any drippings from the roast before serving.
** If you don't have a mortar and pestle, use a small food processor (or Magic Bullet). If it has a hard time processing into a paste, add a bit of water.
** Prefer fresh pearl onions? No problem, just blanch them for a few seconds in boiling water, then peel once they're cool enough to handle.
Time: 1 hour 15 mins plus overnight marinating
____________________________________________________If you are a blogger or food artist and would like to see your recipes published simply email us.
- All orders must weigh at least 7 pounds in order to ship, to ensure everything stays frozen during transit.
- $75 minimum purchase requirement, since we have built the cost of shipping into the price of each product.
- You will never be charged extra for shipping.
- There is a $7.50 handling fee upon checkout.
- The South Carolina Chicken Bundles, BBQ Sauce, produce and cookbooks ship from separate locations, so they are not included in the 7 lb weight minimum. The shopping cart will keep track and remind you if your order is under the 7 lb limit.
- Receive a $25 discount for every 40 pounds you order. This offer excludes items that ship separate such as the South Carolina Chicken, produce and fresh bundles.
- This is our way of saying thank-you for purchasing in bulk!
- This can be any combination of products totaling 40 pounds and does not have to be specific to any category. Each 40 pound interval will yield the discount - for example, order 80 pounds and we'll take $50 off!
Need to change your address information or remove yourself from our customer newsletter? Click here and enter your email address and store password and you will be able to edit your customer file.
To unsubscribe from this email list, simply click on the SafeUnsubscribe link at the very bottom of this page.
U.S. Wellness Meats does not sell, trade or give away any subscriber information. This isn't just an ethical commitment, it's also a legal one.
Copyright © 2009 by U.S. Wellness Meats. All rights reserved. The content, design and graphical elements of this newsletter are copyrighted.
Please secure written permission of the authors before copying or using this material. Address: