The pastoral Montana landscape to the right is late spring grass as far as the eye can see in Cascade county, and remarkably unchanged from the horseback view of early cowboys in the late 19th century.
Father's Day is fast approaching, and several of our sale items
this week would be great grilling gifts. The beef teres major steak is a well kept secret that we encourage more of you to take advantage of. The teres major steak
is produced from the second most tender muscle in beef cattle. Savvy restaurant chefs have cut the teres major into medallions for years which look like and taste like tenderloin filets
for less than half the price.
The gourmet home chefs will have great fun incorporating lamb tallow
and duck stock
into creative June cooking. Lamb tallow is especially potent in CLA, which is the jewell of photo lipid ruminant production. Fresh chilled beef
deadline of high noon CST June 12 is fast approaching. Look for delivery on June 18th. Cattle harvested this Spring have been grading really high in carcass quality which will make great burgers
, and roasts
with the June chilled beef
Kelley Herring and Al Sears have some solid common sense health articles below. Ms. Herring has a GAPS 101 lesson, and Dr. Sears speaks about one of the best free healers on earth that has been in abundance for centuries.
This week, Scott Mendelson has timely grueling advise for six pack abs training. After a six pack abs medicine ball workout, enjoy the wonderful grain free spaghetti recipe below shared by NY Times best selling author
Don't forget to follow us on Facebook
or our Blog
In closing today, let us think back 71 years ago yesterday, June 6 for the courage displayed on the beaches of Normandy. D-Day was a turning point for the free world in the 20th century. From US Wellnees..... a special thank you to any D-Day Veterans reading our newsletter today.
Early June Regards,
John, Lee Ann, Tressa, Amanda, Laura, and Deric on behalf of the farm families of US Wellness Meats.
Toll Free: (877) 383-0051
15% Discount Code Available!
- Read Dr. Al Sears' directly below
- Find the bold, 8-letter code word spelled out in order.
- Code expires this Tuesday at midnight CST.
- Applies to any order under 40 lbs, excluding any sale items, volume discounts, and gift certificates
|Dr. Al Sears|
The Anti-aging Secret of Sunshine
By: Dr. Al Sears, MD
Spanish explorer Ponce de Leon and his band of conquistadors is said to have marched all over sunny, subtropical Florida nearly 500 years ago in search of the Fountain of Youth.
Ironically, he may even have marched right past the spot where my anti-aging clinic now stands.
Of course, Ponce de Leon knew absolutely nothing about telomeres.
But if he and his men had taken off their armor and enjoyed a little sun-bathing, they would have done something equivalent to diving head-first into those youth-returning waters.
That's because the real secret to youth isn't hidden in a legendary fountain. It's already present in every cell in your body.
And all you need is sunshine to activate it.
Editors Note: Dr. Al Sears, M.D. is a board-certified clinical nutrition specialist. His practice, Dr. Sears' Health & Wellness Center in Royal Palm Beach, Fla., specializes in alternative medicine. He is the author of seven books in the fields of alternative medicine, anti-aging, and nutritional supplementation, including The Doctor's Heart Cure. To get his free special report on the proven anti-aging strategies for building a vibrant, disease-free life, go here now. You'll learn how to stop Father Time without giving up the foods you love.
GAPS: A HEALING DIET FOR BODY AND MIND
By: Kelley Herring, Healing Gourmet
Our modern world is awash in chemicals and food-like substances that wreak havoc on our health. And while these compounds can adversely affect any system in the body, it is your gut where the greatest impact occurs.
In recent years, the gut has been called the "second brain" because of its unique relationship to cerebral health. It's also been shown that over 70% of the immune system resides in the gut, thanks to a diverse population of organisms (or flora) and the gut associated lymphoid tissue (GALT) that mediates immune response. Even conventional medicine now recognizes that a healthy body and brain are dependent on a healthy gut.Continue Reading....
|Recent Health News|
Food Labels Nudge Diners to Eat Healthier
Source: Cornell University
A Cornell study of food labels in dining halls shows that when people know the calories and fat content in foods, they lean toward healthier fare.
Despite municipal and federal legislation in the pipelines for large restaurants and dining facilities to put labels on their foods, there was very little hard data to show such labels are effective in helping people make healthier food choices, until now.
The study, published in the journal Appetite in April, is important because obesity and related diseases, such as diabetes and hypertension, are steadily rising in the United States. According to recent estimates, 33 percent of U.S. adults are overweight, 35.7 percent are obese and 6.3 percent are extremely obese. Furthermore, the increase in U.S. body weight since the late 1970s parallels an increase in consumption of food away from home.Continue reading.........
|Athlete Corner - Scott Mendelson Q&A|
Explosive Medicine Ball Throw Sprints Razor Sharp Six Packs
By: Scott Mendelson
I have trained my abs until the cows come home, but I do not have six pack. What do you suggest for training? I struggle with finding lunch choices that do not take much cooking time. Any suggestions? Mike
Earning a six pack is a matter of achieving a low body fat percentage combined with the correct core training system. Typical gym movements become less effective over time creating the need for strategic variety to make those core muscles "pop out". Dr. Serrano and I performed a series of explosive medicine ball throws with interval sprints between reps caught on video! Please go to the new blog article to see the video and other helpful information.
Everyone Can Find 20 Minutes for a Great Training Session
You will achieve great results in 20 minutes or less per session right in your back yard. Anyone who wants to make improvement can find 20 minutes to train at home a couple times per week no matter how busy their schedule. Continue Reading.....
Infinity Fitness INC provides training, fitness, and nutritional information for educational purposes. It is important that you consult with a health professional to ensure that your dietary and health needs are met. Do not start or make changes to your exercise program without consulting your doctor. It is necessary for you to carefully monitor your progress and to make changes to your nutritional and fitness program to enjoy success. Infinity Fitness does not employ dieticians or health professionals and assumes no responsibility or liability for your personal health and condition. For more information regarding our Limited Warranty for products and services, please see our disclaimer at InfinityFitness.com.
Copyright © Infinity Fitness INC All Rights Reserved 2014
US Wellness Beef Bacon......
I just love this beef bacon
. Not something you can get in stores. Tastes great. Put it in oven on 435 for 25 min. No splatter to clean and it's not too dry. Just right crisp. Yum yum!
Grain-Free Spaghetti and Meatballs
Author: Danielle Walker
- Zucchini Noodles or Spaghetti Squash for serving
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, ghee, or coconut oil for frying
- 3 large eggs
- 3 pounds grass-fed ground beef
- ¾ cup almond meal or 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese or ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 ½ teaspoons coconut aminos
- 1 ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons fish sauce
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
For the Sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ small onion, sliced
- 1 box Pomi tomatoes (strained)
- 1 box Pomi tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Make the sauce: Heat the oil in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add the onions and sauté until they are translucent. Add the remaining 6 ingredients and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 40 minutes. Use an immersion blender to puree the sauce until smooth, or carefully blend it in a blender. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Make the meatballs: Whisk the eggs in the bottom of a big bowl. Add the remaining ingredients, then knead the mixture with your hands until everything is just incorporated. Form the meat into golfball-sized meatballs.
- Heat the olive oil in a large dutch-oven or heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat. Pan fry the meatballs in batches, until browned all over. They do not need to cook all the way through since they will simmer in the sauce.
- dd the meatballs to the sauce and simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes, until the meatballs are cooked through and the sauce is thickened. Stir occasionally.
- Serve over grain-free noodle of choice.
Serves: 6 to 8
If you are a blogger or food artist and would like to see your recipes published simply email us.
Danielle Walker is an inspirational recipe creator and author of New York Times best seller AgainsAllGrain
. Danielle's journey
began with an autoimmune disease diagnosis at age 22 which generated the will power to make dramatic changes in her diet which opened the door into great health and let to super blog
status and and her NY Times Best Seller. Congratulations Danielle.
- All orders must weigh at least 7 pounds in order to ship, to ensure everything stays frozen during transit.
- $75 minimum purchase requirement, since we have built the cost of shipping into the price of each product.
- You will never be charged extra for shipping.
- There is a $7.50 handling fee upon checkout.
- The South Carolina Chicken Bundles, BBQ Sauce, produce and cookbooks ship from separate locations, so they are not included in the 7 lb weight minimum. The shopping cart will keep track and remind you if your order is under the 7 lb limit.
- Receive a $25 discount for every 40 pounds you order. This offer excludes items that ship separate such as the South Carolina Chicken, produce and fresh bundles.
- This is our way of saying thank-you for purchasing in bulk!
- This can be any combination of products totaling 40 pounds and does not have to be specific to any category. Each 40 pound interval will yield the discount - for example, order 80 pounds and we'll take $50 off!
Need to change your address information or remove yourself from our customer newsletter? Click here and enter your email address and store password and you will be able to edit your customer file.
To unsubscribe from this email list, simply click on the SafeUnsubscribe link at the very bottom of this page.
U.S. Wellness Meats does not sell, trade or give away any subscriber information. This isn't just an ethical commitment, it's also a legal one.
Copyright © 2009 by U.S. Wellness Meats. All rights reserved. The content, design and graphical elements of this newsletter are copyrighted.
Please secure written permission of the authors before copying or using this material. Address: