"A mother is she who can take the place of all others, but whose place no one else can take." ~Cardinal Mermillod
Need a last minute gift for upcoming graduations, weddings, and baby showers? Give the gift of good health by sending an e-gift card! They are emailed immediately to you or your lucky recipient, so it's never too late to share your good taste in nourishing foods.
Mothers hold a special place in our lives and hearts. To all moms reading this, we wish you a very special Mother's Day.
In Northeast Missouri the spring phlox are usually in full bloom for Mother's Day, and will equal any bouquet purchased from a local florist. It is always a sad reminder of how many farmsteads that have disappeared in rural America. The perennial flowers are the only reminders of farmsteads past, and those Mothers' who produced the greatest generation that American will honor in two weeks.
Don't miss the red letter promo code in Dr. Al Sears' Cooking Like A Caveman article below. This will be the last red letter promo code before Memorial Day weekend. If you need, burgers, steaks, kabobs, franks, chicken or chops, now is a great time to stock up and save 15%. Fed Ex will be closed on Monday, May 25th.
US Wellness livestock have been blessed with late April and early May showers. Peak season for grass growth is the next three weeks which is a glorious time of the year for turning sunlight energy into valuable fats and proteins for consumers.
Don't forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or our Blog.
Thank you for your past patronage, and all of the moms who have made this possible.
Best May Regards,
John, Lee Ann, Tressa, Amanda & Laura on behalf of the farm families of US Wellness Meats.
Toll Free: (877) 383-0051
15% Discount Code Available!
- Read Dr. Al Sears' directly below
- Find the bold, 7-letter code word spelled out in order.
- Code expires this Tuesday at midnight CST.
- Applies to any order under 40 lbs, excluding any sale items, volume discounts, and gift certificates
|Dr. Al Sears|
Cook Like A Caveman
By: Dr. Al Sears, MD
I've been talking to my patients a lot recently about my new nutritional pyramid. At the base is what I call primal nutrition, and it's all about the diet our species evolved to eat.
Of course, I'm not suggesting we go back to living in the Stone Age. You don't have to go around spearing woolly mammoths in the middle of Chicago.
But we can go back to getting the basic amounts of protein, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants our ancient ancestors got before farming came along. After the Agricultural Revolution, our diets became based on low-protein, low-fat and low-nutrient foods.
And that's when human health started to decline...
Editors Note: Dr. Al Sears, M.D. is a board-certified clinical nutrition specialist. His practice, Dr. Sears' Health & Wellness Center in Royal Palm Beach, Fla., specializes in alternative medicine. He is the author of seven books in the fields of alternative medicine, anti-aging, and nutritional supplementation, including The Doctor's Heart Cure. To get his free special report on the proven anti-aging strategies for building a vibrant, disease-free life, go here now. You'll learn how to stop Father Time without giving up the foods you love.
Flavor Your Meals With These Low-Carb Paleo Sauces
By: Kelley Herring, Healing Gourmet
If you've been eating a Paleo diet for some time, you may find that your usual meal rotations of meat and vegetables can become... well, a little boring.
But there's a fast and easy way to dress up all of your favorite meals without much extra effort: Sauces.
As you probably know, most store-bought sauces and dressings should be avoided. These usually contain corn syrup or other hidden sugars, as well as unhealthy fats and oils (ie. Corn, soybean, vegetable oils, etc.). Of course, many folks shy away from making sauces at home. They think sauce-making is complicated, time-consuming and best left to classically-trained chefs.
But the truth is there are many simple sauces you can whip up in less than five minutes that will add extraordinary flavor, healthy fats and nutrients to all of your favorite standbys.
Today I'm going to share five Paleo-friendly, low-glycemic, no-cook sauces that will transform your everyday meals into restaurant-quality creations:Continue Reading....
|Recent Health News|
Threats to Soil Productivity Threaten Food Security
Lead Author: Donald L. Sparks
In a review of recent scientific literature, the article, titled "Soil and Human Security in the 21st Century," outlines threats to soil productivity -- and, in turn, food production -- due to soil erosion, nutrient exhaustion, urbanization and climate change.
"Soil is our planet's epidermis," said Sparks, echoing the opening line of the article. "It's only about a meter thick, on average, but it plays an absolutely crucial life-support role that we often take for granted."Continue reading.....
University of Delaware
R. Amundson, A. A. Berhe, J. W. Hopmans, C. Olson, A. E. Sztein, D. L. Sparks. Soil and human security in the 21st century. Science, 2015; 348 (6235): 1261071 DOI: 10.1126/science.1261071
|Athlete Corner - Scott Mendelson Q&A|
Specialized Shoulder Development and Rapid Fat Loss for Summer
By: Scott Mendelson
I need to lose 20 pounds of body fat ASAP. I know this cannot be done overnight, but the sooner the better. My shoulders have never responded well to training. What program would you suggest? My wife is scared of weight training because she thinks she will gain a lot of muscle. What can I tell her to deal with that concern? Terry Madison - WI.
The 8-8-8 specialized shoulder training routine is great for body fat loss and improving shoulder development. The routine is short, yet highly intense which is great for increasing fat burning hormones. I suggest you perform this routine at the start of your arm training Continue Reading.....
Infinity Fitness INC provides training, fitness, and nutritional information for educational purposes. It is important that you consult with a health professional to ensure that your dietary and health needs are met. Do not start or make changes to your exercise program without consulting your doctor. It is necessary for you to carefully monitor your progress and to make changes to your nutritional and fitness program to enjoy success. Infinity Fitness does not employ dieticians or health professionals and assumes no responsibility or liability for your personal health and condition. For more information regarding our Limited Warranty for products and services, please see our disclaimer at InfinityFitness.com.
Copyright © Infinity Fitness INC All Rights Reserved 2014
Sugar Free Franks
BY FAR....the best franks we have even eaten. There is absolutely NO comparison to any other - these are the best!
website product review
Gas-Grilled Beef Back Ribs
- Combine all the dry ingredients, then take a pretty picture of the dry rub to show your friends
- Sprinkle the dry rub over both sides of the ribs and let them sit at room temperature for 30 minutes
- As the ribs are hanging out, take a large handful of mesquite wood chips and soak them in water for 30 minutes
- To get a good amount of smoke going, add the soaked chips to a smoker box and place the box under the grill grates on one side of the grill (directly under a burner)
- Preheat your grill for about 10 minutes, then leave only the burner under the smoke box running
- Place the ribs on the opposite end of the smoker box (the cool side of the grill) and cover
- Adjust the burner's intensity to get a grill temperature of as close to 265 degrees as possible
- Grill the ribs using this indirect method for three hours, or until the rib's internal temperature reaches 180 degrees
- After three hours, the ribs should look slightly crispy on the outside and most of the fat should have cooked off the meat
- Turn the burners up to medium heat and grill the ribs on direct heat for a couple minutes, to burn off the remaining fat.......this should only take a few moments once the heat is going
- Brush on some barbecue sauce and remove the ribs from the grill
- Slice the ribs into singles using some kitchen shears and enjoy
If you are a blogger or food artist and would like to see your recipes published simply email us.
Mr. Russ Crandall, aka The Domestic Man
had much fun perfecting several US Wellness back rib recipes. We suggest you explore additional back rib manifestos in the link above. Many more Domestic Man
recipes can be discovered in The Ancestral Table
- All orders must weigh at least 7 pounds in order to ship, to ensure everything stays frozen during transit.
- $75 minimum purchase requirement, since we have built the cost of shipping into the price of each product.
- You will never be charged extra for shipping.
- There is a $7.50 handling fee upon checkout.
- The South Carolina Chicken Bundles, BBQ Sauce, produce and cookbooks ship from separate locations, so they are not included in the 7 lb weight minimum. The shopping cart will keep track and remind you if your order is under the 7 lb limit.
- Receive a $25 discount for every 40 pounds you order. This offer excludes items that ship separate such as the South Carolina Chicken, produce and fresh bundles.
- This is our way of saying thank-you for purchasing in bulk!
- This can be any combination of products totaling 40 pounds and does not have to be specific to any category. Each 40 pound interval will yield the discount - for example, order 80 pounds and we'll take $50 off!
Need to change your address information or remove yourself from our customer newsletter? Click here and enter your email address and store password and you will be able to edit your customer file.
To unsubscribe from this email list, simply click on the SafeUnsubscribe link at the very bottom of this page.
U.S. Wellness Meats does not sell, trade or give away any subscriber information. This isn't just an ethical commitment, it's also a legal one.
Copyright © 2009 by U.S. Wellness Meats. All rights reserved. The content, design and graphical elements of this newsletter are copyrighted.
Please secure written permission of the authors before copying or using this material. Address: