US Wellness Meats Newsletter
In her article
Ms. Herring discusses the dangers of an Unhealthy "Gut" and measures to improve it.
Short Ribs, Pre-cooked Pot Roast, Bacon Ends, Beef Patties, Thai Ribeye & More
The last full week of the 2015 baseball season starts today. The first team was fielded by Cincinnati in 1869. The National League organized in 1876 followed by the American League in 1901. In 2000 both leagues combined with 30 teams in the modern era.
Professional athletes in all sports have discovered grass-fed meats during the history of our company. US Wellness
has some great stories dealing with the top notch athletes who have discovered that photo lipids from grazing animals can yield an edge on the field of competition. Higher levels of omega 3, lower amounts of omega 6, and increased CLA levels might be the edge in the 1/100 of a second it takes to size up a 98 mph fastball!
Modern day athletes are descendants of the fastest hunters and warriors from our hunter gatherer ancestors. One of the most prized meals of a successful hunt was the organ meats
of wild game. The Aborigines in Australia had the best teeth on the planet during Dr. Weston Price's research in the mid-20th century. They were the highest consumers of organ meats in the world. Native Americans and holistic healers will suggest organ meats of beef
, and lamb
is critical to our immune function and longevity.
In this week's article
, Kelley Herring reveals the health risks associated with an unhealthy microbiome, and some measures you can take to improve the health of your "gut".
Dr. Sears discusses the "real culprit behind modern chronic diseases"
and reveals some alternatives for besting this enemy of your body. Remember to take advantage of the red letter discount code
embedded within the Dr. Sears article
For those of us trying to keep our health in check by limiting those troublesome carbs, believe it or not Scott and Dr. Serano reveal how a "targeted" approach to carb intake, can actually help you to burn fat improving your overall health. Check out Scott's article
Follow us on Facebook
or our Blog
We apologize for some glitches last week on website changes.
In closing we are honored by your interest in our grass-fed endeavors over the past 15 years. And because we wouldn't be here without you, we are celebrating with a giveaway. Submit a product review on our website and you are entered to win a $100 Gift Certificate. Click here
for more information about the giveaway.Best late September regards,
John, Lee Ann, Tressa, Amanda, Laura, and Deric on behalf of the farm families of US Wellness Meats.
Toll Free: (877) 383-0051
15% Discount Red Letter Code Available!
- Read the complete Dr. Al Sears' article
- Find the bold, 4-letter code word spelled out in order.
- Code expires this Tuesday at midnight CST.
- Applies to any order under 40 lbs, excluding any sale items, volume discounts, and gift certificates
|Dr. Al Sears|
The Chronic Inflammation Plague
By: Dr. Al Sears, MD
It's the plague no one wants to talk about - and it's getting worse every day.
I'm talking about the real culprit behind modern chronic diseases - from Alzheimer's, rheumatoid arthritis and heart disease to diabetes, high blood pressure and cancer - to name just a few.
And these devastating diseases are NOT the result of cholesterol or your genes or some mysterious cellular malfunction either, as mainstream medicine would like you to believe.
The real core cause of our modern disease epidemic is inflammation.
Editors Note: Dr. Al Sears, M.D. is a board-certified clinical nutrition specialist. His practice, Dr. Sears' Health & Wellness Center in Royal Palm Beach, Fla., specializes in alternative medicine. He is the author of seven books in the fields of alternative medicine, anti-aging, and nutritional supplementation, including The Doctor's Heart Cure. To get his free special report on the proven anti-aging strategies for building a vibrant, disease-free life, go here now. You'll learn how to stop Father Time without giving up the foods you love.
Unhealthy "Gut" Promotes Diabetes
By: Kelley Herring, Healing Gourmet
The World Health Organization predicts that diabetes will be among the top 10 causes of death globally by 2030. What's more, according to the CDC, if this trend continues, one in three Americans will have diabetes by 2050.
And while blood sugar imbalances due to a high-sugar diet are certainly to blame, research now shows a deeper cause in this epidemic - one that goes far beyond blood sugar...
Our microbiome. (Think your "gut")
Kelley Herring is the author of the brand new book Better Breads - which includes information you need to know about why it is so important to avoid wheat and grains in your diet, plus how to use healthy replacements for these foods to create all the breads you love... without the gluten, carbs and health-harming effects.
|Recent Health News|
Time In Nature Enhances Good Health
Source: University of Illinois College of Agricultural, Consumer, Environmental Sciences
Spending time in nature provides protections against a startling range of diseases, including depression, diabetes, obesity, ADHD, cardiovascular disease, cancer, and many more, research shows. How this exposure to green space leads to better health has remained a mystery. After reviewing hundreds of studies examining nature's effects on health, an environment and behavior researcher believes the answer lies in nature's ability to enhance the functioning of the body's immune system.
|Athlete Corner - Scott Mendelson Q&A|
Targeted Carbohydrate Intake Burns Fat Fast
By: Scott Mendelson
Scott, Your articles have discussed protein and fat extensively, but you have not said much about carbohydrate. I just returned from a 2 week vacation where I ate anything and everything. Some carbohydrate intake on the first day triggered problems for me ongoing by spiking my appetite. Do you suggest carbohydrate consumption for your clients? What weight training and cardio approaches do you suggest for women to lose body fat quickly?
Targeted carbohydrate intake is very effective for fat burning, glycogen replenishment and overall performance. The correct timing, sources and amount of carbohydrate consumed must be based on individual needs as well as goals. Techniques Revealed...
Infinity Fitness INC provides training, fitness, and nutritional information for educational purposes. It is important that you consult with a health professional to ensure that your dietary and health needs are met. Do not start or make changes to your exercise program without consulting your doctor. It is necessary for you to carefully monitor your progress and to make changes to your nutritional and fitness program to enjoy success. Infinity Fitness does not employ dieticians or health professionals and assumes no responsibility or liability for your personal health and condition. For more information regarding our Limited Warranty for products and services, please see our disclaimer at InfinityFitness.com.
Copyright © Infinity Fitness INC All Rights Reserved 2014
"Delish" ... Says Skeptical Customer
I actually ordered this with concern. Most "conventional" precooked pot roasts are salty & taste like canned beef soup, which I don't care for. But I wanted a quick precooked meal on hand so gave it a try. So glad I did. Not salty & had a wonderful flavor!
Paleo Creole Ham & Cauliflower Rice
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 30 min
- 2 heads fresh cauliflower
- 1 pound ham, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced (1/2 cup)
- 2-3 tablespoons cooking fat, melted
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Break the cauliflower into florets, removing the stems. Place the florets in a food processor and pulse until the cauliflower looks like rice. This takes about 7 to 10 one-second pulses. You may need to do this in multiple batches to avoid overcrowding.
- Place the riced cauliflower in a very large mixing bowl. Add the ham, onion, and bell peppers. Toss with a spatula or two spoons until everything is evenly distributed.
- In a small bowl, combine the fat, garlic, salt, thyme, black pepper, cayenne, and celery seed. Mix, then pour over the cauliflower. Toss for at least two minutes so the ingredients are evenly coated with the flavored fat.
- Divide the rice between two large, rimmed baking sheets (or a roasting pan) and roast in the oven 30-35 minutes, stirring about halfway through the baking time. At the end, the cauliflower should be tender, with little brown bits beginning to appear.
OPTIONAL: For added caramelization, zap each tray under the broiler for about 2 minutes after the baking time is up.
If you are a blogger or food artist and would like to see your recipes published simply email us.
hanks to Mel Joulwan at Well Fed Ingredients for a Happy Life
for this fantastic recipe. You might be surprised to learn that Mel is a retired Roller Derby girl. She is the author of the "Well Fed" series of Paleo Recipe books. In her own words Mel is on a mission to be a superfit, well-fed, dressed-to-kill, glossy-haired, rock-n-roll, tart-tongued detective. You can learn more about Mel by reading her blog or checking out her web site.
- All orders must weigh at least 7 pounds in order to ship, to ensure everything stays frozen during transit.
- $75 minimum purchase requirement, since we have built the cost of shipping into the price of each product.
- You will never be charged extra for shipping.
- There is a $7.50 handling fee upon checkout.
- The South Carolina Chicken Bundles, BBQ Sauce, produce and cookbooks ship from separate locations, so they are not included in the 7 lb weight minimum. The shopping cart will keep track and remind you if your order is under the 7 lb limit.
- Receive a $25 discount for every 40 pounds you order. This offer excludes items that ship separate such as the South Carolina Chicken, produce and fresh bundles.
- This is our way of saying thank-you for purchasing in bulk!
- This can be any combination of products totaling 40 pounds and does not have to be specific to any category. Each 40 pound interval will yield the discount - for example, order 80 pounds and we'll take $50 off!
Need to change your address information or remove yourself from our customer newsletter? Click here and enter your email address and store password and you will be able to edit your customer file.
To unsubscribe from this email list, simply click on the SafeUnsubscribe link at the very bottom of this page.
U.S. Wellness Meats does not sell, trade or give away any subscriber information. This isn't just an ethical commitment, it's also a legal one.
Copyright © 2009 by U.S. Wellness Meats. All rights reserved. The content, design and graphical elements of this newsletter are copyrighted.
Please secure written permission of the authors before copying or using this material. Address: